A majority of buyers decide whether or not to look inside a house based on its curb appeal. In other words, a house is judged by the view from the street much like a book is judged by its cover. Investing some time working on the exterior appearance of your house can help make sure buyers come inside. Below are 5 helpful tips to make sure the view from the curb inspires buyers to see the inside as well.
- Make sure all gates work properly and are freshly painted or
- Display one or two large plants in containers on patios and
- Keep your garden and patio clean of leaves, weeds and debris. Flower
beds should be weeded, lawns mowed and hedges clipped.
- Gardens need color, no matter what season it is. Plant pots with hardy,
variegated evergreens in the winter and colorful flowers in the
- Make sure the outside of your house is clean. Windows should shine and
gutters should be free of debris. If necessary, pressure wash dirty siding
of your house.